Retail fireworks stand applicants/owners may wish to store their inventory on-site. To store your inventory on-site in a trailer or container the following requirements must be met:
- The storage trailer/container is to be of metal construction.
- The storage trailer/container is to be capable of being locked when inventory is not being removed.
- The trailer/container is to remain locked at all other times.
- Storage trailer/container is to be located a minimum of 20 feet away from any structure, tent or other retail fireworks stand.
- Storage trailer/container is to be located a minimum of 100 feet away from any vehicle fuel station.
- A sign stating "No Smoking Within 50 Feet (PNG)" is to be placed on the outside of the storage trailer/container.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Placards are to be placed on the storage trailer/container. Placards are to be a minimum of 15 inches by 15 inches and located on 3 sides of the trailer/container.
- DOT Placards are required to be orange in color with 1.4 G, noted on the placard. The 1.4G designation is to be 4 inches in height and black in color. The following are samples of the required DOT Placards.