Residential New Construction

Residential New Construction Permit Required Documents

  • New Construction Permit Application (PDF) - To include licensed Contractors and Craftsmen.
  • Site plan/survey prepared and signed by a registered Kansas design professional. This drawing will need to include the following:
    • All finished floor elevations
    • The dimensions and location on the lot of the building or improvement to be erected altered or enlarged
    • Front elevations at property line extended to curb line
    • Landscaping and/or screening, if required
    • Location and actual dimensions of the lot to be occupied
    • Location and dimension of any existing easements
    • Location of proposed water and sanitary sewer
    • Proposed drainage patterns
    • Proposed erosion control features
    • Proposed fence location
    • Proposed sidewalk location
    • Rear lot elevations (not required for fencing plans)

Additional Information May Be Required

Additional information may be required as necessary by the Codes Administrator for any permit application.

  • Drainage plan
  • Existing contours
  • Proposed contours

Penalty Fee

Building permits taken out after a project has been started are charged a penalty fee that is double the permit fee, up to a maximum of $500. Get more information on the Penalty Fee page.

Real Property Taxes & Special Assessments

Real property taxes and installments of special assessments against all properties within the corporate limits of the City which are owned by the applicant*, and which are due and owing on the date the permit is issued, will be paid in full.

Please note: Applicant includes any person or legal entity that has an ownership interest in the parcel and any person or legal entity that will perform the work for which a building permit is issued.