Image of City's YourGOV logo

Junction City Launches YourGOV - Web Based and Mobile Phone Solution Reporting Tools

What is YourGOV?

Please note that the use of YourGOV is intended for the reporting of non-emergency issues only. If you need immediate Police or Fire response, please call 911.


YourGOV is an application that allows Junction City Citizens to report non-emergency related issues to the City. YourGOV can be used via the Web or your mobile phone. By using YourGOV, the Citizen will be able to submit an issue and track its progress from submittal to completion via the Web. Issues are brought directly into the City’s Work Management solution where they can be forwarded on to the responsible department. By entering in an address or selecting a location on the map, the Citizen will be able to view where in Junction City their issue is located. In addition, the Citizen will be able to view issues that have been submitted by other Citizens and track their status.


How does YourGOV work on the Web?

In order to use YourGOV, the end user will need Microsoft’s Silverlight plug-in installed on their computer. Silverlight enhances interactivity wherever the Web works. This free download is available here. When a Citizen follows the link to YourGOV Citizens Request Portal, the first action they must do is to log in using a valid email address and password. If the Citizen is a first time user, they will create a profile at which time they can start to use the application. Once successfully registered and logged in, the Citizen can select Add Request and enter an address or click on the map, select an issue and the date the issue was observed and enter any pertinent details. Once submitted, the issue will be reviewed by City Staff and the appropriate action will be taken.


How Do I Track My Submitted Issues?

Upon Submittal, the Citizen will be able to look at the issues they have submitted by selecting the My Requests button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. To view other requests, select All Requests in the upper right hand corner. Blue dots on the map represent where different issues have been reported and the issue that is currently being viewed will have an orange halo surrounding it. The Citizen can check on their submitted issues by logging in to see what Activity has been assigned to the issue, when the issue was closed and any notes City Staff have submitted regarding the issue.


Can I Submit An Issue From My Cell Phone?

Image of an IPhoneYes, you can! YourGOV currently supports the Apple iPhone and Android. A solution for Blackberry phones is in development. As with the web application, a Citizen can report an issue which in turn will be brought into the City’s Work Management solution. To download the YourGOV phone application, please search for it in the App Store or in the Google Market.

What Is The History Of YourGOV?

YourGOV was developed by Cartegraph, a municipal technology provider that Junction City has been partnering with for assistence in providing asset and work management solutions. With over 1,000 clients in North America, the YourGOV applications are widely available. For more information on Cartegraph, please visit their website.


YourGOV Questions?

Having trouble with YourGOV? Please contact the YourGOV staff at the City of Junction City at 785-238-3103.