What is required to obtain a building permit for a commercial structure?
For a commercial structure four (4) sets of plans must be submitted to Code Enforcement along with a Plan Check List.  The plans will be reviewed by Code Enforcement, Fire Department, Planning and Zoning and Veolia Water Public Works.  The plans must be stamped by an architect or engineer licensed to practice in Kansas as per state statute. One set of plans will be kept by Code Enforcement, one set of plans will be kept by the Fire Department and one set of plans must be kept on site.  A building permit application must be completed to include a list of all licensed contractors performing work on the project. (All contractors must be licensed in the City of Junction City.)
Public Works