The City of Junction City’s Online Portal is for conducting any business you may have with Building and Code Enforcement electronically.
Moving Permit Application & Requirements
- Moving Permit Application (PDF)
- Picture of the structure to be moved.
- Map of the route structure will be moved
- Surety Bond in the amount of $1,000.00
- Mover's Bond in the amount of $5,000.00
- Sufficient drawings, prepared and signed by a registered Kansas design professional, including a site survey and site plan, drawn to scale
Moving Permit Fees
- $30.00 inspection fee to inspect the structure prior to moving.
- Mileage if outside of City limits (charged per the current IRS rate).
- Permit fee, $.20 per square foot, per story, excluding open porches.
If you are moving a Manufactured Home, here is a link to the codes.
Building permits taken out after a project has been started are charged a penalty fee. Learn more on our Penalty Fee page.
Real Property Taxes & Special Assessments
Real property taxes and installments of special assessments against all properties within the corporate limits of the City which are owned by the applicant, and which are due and owing on the date the permit is issued, will be paid in full.
Please note: Applicant includes any person or legal entity that has an ownership interest in the parcel and any person or legal entity that will perform the work for which a building permit is issued.