Massage Therapy License
If you wish to engage in the practice of massage, massage therapy or the business of massage therapy, you must first obtain a license with the City of Junction City.
To obtain a license for Massage Therapy you will need to submit the following:
- Copy of Driver's License
- List of all partners, officers, directors, managers, members, or persons owning more than 5% of the common or preferred stock of the business.
- Proof of Competency (one of the following)
- Proof applicant sat for and passed the Massage and Bodywork Licensure exam (MBLEx)
- Proof applicant sat for and passed the National Certificate of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork exam (NCTMB) prior to February 1, 2015
- Transcript showing applicant successfully completed a minimum of five hundred (500) instructor taught classroom hours within a recognized massage therapist school
- Proof of one hundred fifty (150) hours of education from an accredited institution, at least twelve (12) hours of continuing education units in the last five (5) years, and membership in a nationally recognized massage therapy association
- Hours of operation.
Once application is made an inspection with the Junction City Fire Marshal will be scheduled.
Each license shall renew every 2 years. The renewal process is the same as a new license.
The license fee is for a 2 year license.
- Sole Proprietor License = $75.00
- Partnership, Corporation or Limited Liability Company = $200.00
- Replacement of a lost or misplaced license = $5.00
For more information on Massage Therapy, check out these ordinances.