Meet the Chief
Junction City Fire Department (JCFD) is a proud agency and serves the City of Junction City for Fire Suppression and all of Geary County, Kansas as its Emergency Medical Services Provider.
My journey with the JCFD Began on 14 November 2016. As your Fire Chief it is my responsibility to ensure the services you receive from JCFD are the highest quality our resources can provide. Our resources come directly through the governing process to JCFD by the means of a budget. Our responsibility to use the provided resources effectively and efficiently to ensure the community receives the highest quality services we can provide.
Having a staff of 48 Firefighter/EMTs serving from two Fire Stations; a Command Staff of 4 and an Office Manger. Our personnel are most important resource and without our personnel we cannot do what we do; as we move forward we will continually strive to improve our services and work to be the best service for the community.
Having the privilege of serving the Junction City and the Geary County Community, my responsibility is not lost on the importance of a strong relationship with the community as a team we can work together to ensure our community is safe for all residents and visitors to our community.
Being your Fire Chief is a honor and privilege.
Chief Terry L Johnson, EFO
Biography of Chief Johnson
- Executive Fire Officer Program, National Emergency Training Center, National Fire Academy, Emmetsburg, Maryland
- Bachelors Degree, Fire Administration, Fire Science Management; University of North Carolina, Fayetteville State University, Fayetteville North Carolina
- Associates Degree, Fire Protection Technologies; Wilson Technical Community College, Wilson North Carolina
- Fire Officer IV NFPA 1021 Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications 2003 Edition IFSAC Certification
- Fire Service Instructor level III NFPA 1041 Standard for Fire Service Instructor Professional Qualifications 2007 Edition IFSAC Certification
- Fire and Life Safety Educator Level II Certification NFPA 1035 Standard for Professional Qualifications for Public Fire and Life Safety Educator 2005 Edition IFSAC Certification
- Fire Service Driver Operator and Aerial Certification NFPA 1002 Standard on Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications 2003 Edition IFSAC Certification
- Fire Service Firefighter Level II Certification NFPA 1001 Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications 2008 Edition IFSAC Certification
- Fire Service Hazardous Materials Responder Operations Level I Certification NFPA 472 Standards for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents 2008 Edition IFSAC Certification
- National Registry Emergency Medical Technician
- Federal Emergency Management, Incident Management System Course Instructor, 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800
- National Fire Academy Training Program Management
- National Fire Academy Challenges for Local Training Officers
- National Fire Academy Management Strategies for Success
- National Fire Academy Incident Command Course
- National Fire Academy Hazardous Materials Response IRMI
- National Fire Academy Strategies and Tactics for Initial Company Officers, Instructor
- National Fire Academy, Wildland Firefighter S-130/S-190
- National Fire Academy, Executive Development
- National Emergency Management Institute, Orientation to Emergency Management IS-1