Residential New Construction
Residential New Construction Permit Required Documents
- New Construction Permit Application (PDF) - To include licensed Contractors and Craftsmen.
- Site plan/survey prepared and signed by a registered Kansas design professional. This drawing will need to include the following:
- All finished floor elevations
- The dimensions and location on the lot of the building or improvement to be erected altered or enlarged
- Front elevations at property line extended to curb line
- Landscaping and/or screening, if required
- Location and actual dimensions of the lot to be occupied
- Location and dimension of any existing easements
- Location of proposed water and sanitary sewer
- Proposed drainage patterns
- Proposed erosion control features
- Proposed fence location
- Proposed sidewalk location
- Rear lot elevations (not required for fencing plans)
Additional Information May Be Required
Additional information may be required as necessary by the Codes Administrator for any permit application.
- Drainage plan
- Existing contours
- Proposed contours
Building permits taken out after a project has been started are charged a penalty fee that is double the permit fee, up to a maximum of $500. Get more information on the Penalty Fee page.
Real Property Taxes & Special Assessments
Real property taxes and installments of special assessments against all properties within the corporate limits of the City which are owned by the applicant*, and which are due and owing on the date the permit is issued, will be paid in full.
Please note: Applicant includes any person or legal entity that has an ownership interest in the parcel and any person or legal entity that will perform the work for which a building permit is issued.