Building & Codes
The City of Junction City’s Online Portal is for conducting any business you may have with the Code Enforcement Division electronically.
Coming Soon from Building and Code Enforcement!
We are excited to announce the release of new software coming in February 2022. Staff has been working with GovBuilt to create user-friendly software for Permits, Licenses and Code Enforcement.
With the exception of Cereal Malt Beverage Licenses, all Licenses that expire on December 31, 2021 will have a 90 day extension. This will allow renewals to start February 1, 2022 and to be completed by March 31, 2022 in the new software.
The Junction City Fire Department, Code Enforcement Division is responsible for licensure of qualified contractors, permitting for required construction or events and the enforcement of currently adopted codes in reference to all Residential and Commercial Construction, whether remodeling or new construction, to include:
- Existing Building, Fire and Energy Codes
- Fuel Gas
As well as enforcement of currently adopted Municipal and Property Maintenance Codes.
It is the goal of the Code Enforcement Division to ensure that all construction in Junction City and Geary County is conducted in a professional manner by being built and maintained to the minimum standards that are set forth by the adopted codes of the City and County. As well as ensuring to encourage a clean, healthy, and satisfying environment for the citizens of Junction City by protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the residents and property owners of the City.
Currently adopted codes are as follows:
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Fire Code