NOTICE TO BIDDERS
June 9, 2015
Sealed bids will be received by the Junction City, Kansas, at the office of the City Clerk, Municipal Building, 700 N. Jefferson, Junction City, Kansas, until 3:00 p.m. on June 30, 2015, at which time the bids will be publically opened and read aloud in the City Commission Chambers. Bids received after said time will be returned to the bidder unopened. These bids will be for the furnishing of all labor and materials, and performing all the Work in accordance with the drawings and specifications for:
1st Street Drainage Improvement Project, Stormwater Outfall Rehabilitation
The project will include but not limited to the following major categories of work:
1. Slip-Lining and pressure grouting of 53± linear feet of 42” diameter CMP culvert with 36-inch inside diameter HDPE at Line A;
2. Slip-Lining and pressure grouting of 53± linear feet of 36” diameter DIP culvert with 32-inch inside diameter HDPE at Line B;
3. Slip-Lining and pressure grouting of 53± linear feet of 36” diameter CMP culvert with 32-inch inside diameter HDPE at Line C;
4. Construction of temporary access road necessary for construction;
5. Installation of rip rap outfall protection/stabilization and outflow basin;
6. Finished grading and site restoration;
7. Installation and maintenance of sediment and erosion controls, final stabilization and seeding.
1. Only bids from Contractors that can show prior slip-lining/pressure grouting experience on their team will be considered. Contractor shall provide a list (as part of their bid) of at least 3 representative projects for which specific slip-lining/pressure-grouting experience can be demonstrated.
TIME LIMIT: Substantial Completion shall occur within 60 Working Days from Notice to Proceed (NTP Est. on or around August 1, 2015) and Final completion within an additional 30 Working Days.
Interested bidders may secure digital copies of drawings, specifications and all other Contract Documents upon request to: Bradley Johnson, 100 SE 9th Street, Suite 400, Topeka, KS 66612, 785.272.6830, firstname.lastname@example.org. All digital documents will be delivered to interested bidders via email attachments.
Printed copies of the Bidding Documents will not be made available except as noted for the selected contractor.
A pre-bid conference will be held at 10:00 am on June 22, 2015 at the City of Junction City’s offices, Municipal Building at 700 N. Jefferson, Junction City, Kansas. Attendance at the pre-bid conference is highly encouraged but is not mandatory.
Copies of the Kansas Department of Transportation’s Standard Specifications can be obtained from the KDOT website at https://www.ksdot.org/burconsmain/specprov/2007SSDefault.asp Questions concerning this bid can be directed in writing to: Bradley Johnson, 100 SE 9th Street, Suite 400, Topeka, KS 66612, 785.272.6830, email@example.com. Questions will be collected from the date of invitation to bid until 5 p.m. on June 22, 2015. All questions received will be addressed and distributed to all known plan holders on June 23, 2015. Any questions involving “trade secrets” will be specifically addressed to the entity providing the inquiry. All persons awarded and/or entering into Contracts with the Junction City, KS shall be subject to and required to comply with all applicable city, state, and federal provisions pertaining to non-discrimination, equal employment opportunity, and affirmative action on public Contracts.
The City of Junction City, Kansas reserves the right to waive irregularities and to reject Bids.
Owner: City of Junction City
By: Tyler Ficken
Title: City Clerk
Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2015