The Junction City Police Department is responsible for the efficient and effective operations of:
- All Police functions
- The Animal Control Center
- Drug Task Force
- Junction City-Geary County Emergency 911
- Public Safety Answering Point
The Junction City Police Department is charged with the responsibility of providing maximum protection of life and property through:
- The Prevention, Detection and Investigation of Crime;
- The Enforcement of Local, State and Federal Statutes and Regulations
- The Maintenance of Active Public Information and Educational Programs
- Promoting and Maintaining Cooperation with Local, State and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies in the Enforcement of Applicable Statutes.
Discover more on the Police Department page.
The Junction City Fire Department is a full time paid department consisting of two stations. Headquarters at 700 N Jefferson Street and Station II at 2300 Lacy Drive. This department strives to serve Junction City with the best fire suppression possible since February 1, 1866 when the first Fire Company was organized.
Learn more on the Fire Department page.
Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
The Emergency Medical Service of Junction City provides Basic Life Support with Advanced Life Support assist to the entire population of Geary County and Junction City. We provide pre-hospital care that includes:
- Artificial ventilation with oxygen therapy
- Control of bleeding and shock
- Crisis intervention
- Fracture management
- Head and spinal immobilization
- Medical and trauma emergencies
- Patient assessment
All of our EMS personnel are trained to use our semi-automatic external defibrillators. We also take part in public education.
Read more on the EMS page.